Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Dallas Zoo



Georgia, John and Stella.

Georgia and the sleeping tiger. I saw something I hadn't ever seen before . . . a horny toad. It scurried up really close to the tiger. I had heard about them all my life but hadn't ever seen one.



One of our official last hoorahs was to go to the Dallas Zoo with our StrollerFriends playgroup. Since gas is so expensive we decided that a few of us would meet at Mockingbird Station and take the Dart (Dallas's transit train) to the Zoo. The Dart lets out right in front of the Zoo gates and you get a discount for riding it. The Zoo opened at 9 so we met at 8:15 a.m. to make sure we were there as soon as it opened. We weren't the only ones trying to get somewhere one time. The train was filled with people going to work down town so it was quite cramped but that just made it more fun! Here are a few pictures from our Zoo adventure.

3 comments:

Mary Jane said...

We had such a great time with y'all at the zoo! Thanks for getting it all together and for getting me on the DART:)

Jason said...

Hey girl- I'm signed in under Jason, but it's me (Courtney) leaving the comment!

I just checked your blog for the first time last week b/c Alli Penuel's blog has a link to it. It's SO cute. Val sent a cute pic of Georgia and Cruz the other day- what sweet cousins!
Take care,
Courtney Coe Vorel

Stella said...

So much fun! I am glad you put that super cool guy with the beret in his place! We miss you sooooo much and hope to see you soon!