Saturday, March 14, 2009

Abundant Joy

I really don't think life can get any better right now. I love my girls. I love staying home with them. I love my husband and I'm excited about our future.

Here are a few thoughts I have right now:

I love MY newborn babies. For some reason I always forget how to hold other peoples newborns, but I love holding my own.

Our family is amazing but it's not complete. Weird to say just a few weeks after giving birth but I know we need to have more kids. Maybe I'm just spoiled to my two wonderful and easy going girls.

The second kid is much easier in so many ways than the first. Georgia was not hard at all. She didn't cry for no reason and she was pretty healthy. It's just that I know what I'm doing a little more now with Sarah Jane. Falling back to sleep after a middle of the night feeding is so much easier. I know what her sounds mean, I know when she needs me and when she doesn't.

Friends bringing meals is so valuable and amazing. I don't know how we would be making it if they weren't!! Knowing that we are taken care of makes me able to at least get one thing done during the day because I know I don't have to worry about that.

I've been more relaxed about my house than I was with Georgia for several reasons. The first is that my mom left us set up for success. She cleaned everything that could be cleaned, washed everything that could be washed and organized everything that could be organized before she left last Sunday. The second reason is my wonderful husband. He's been given the gift of being a good straightener. He can straighten any room like a pro.

I know now that life won't "get back to normal". We're going to discover a whole new normal. I think there's peace in understanding that. If I thought things would go back to the way they were I'd constantly be frustrated because you can't ever go back. Who would want to?

My main source of peace is that God's Word never changes. Though my life is constantly changing, His Word, His character, His peace and His strength stay the same. As soon as Georgia goes down for her nap, I put Sarah Jane on my chest and we spend some "Quiet Time" together reading God's Word and praying. That of course always leads to a nice peaceful nap.

3 comments:

Amanda Bindel said...

I love what you've said about never getting "back to normal" but discovering a whole new normal. That is a perfect description. How can you be so profound with a foggy mommy brain. :-)

The Hunters said...

how sweet to hear about your new "normal" life. i'm doing the same with Canon, nursing and reading the bible. i don't ever want to forget those moments!

amy said...

I am so happy for you and the blessings God has given you! I know exactly what you are talking about!!! Miss you and hope to see you soon!