Friday, September 12, 2008

Hooray for Georgia Porgia!!

We've introduced going to the potty to Georgia but haven't started formally potty training. I've heard from several moms, including my own, to go ahead and have the potty out and let her start sitting on it so that when she is ready we're all set up. She's been sitting on her potty for about a month now and I've started letting her sit on it without her diaper. Either last week or the week before she accidentally tee tee'd on the potty. Last night and today she has tee tee'd twice and I'm so excited.

I bought some M & M's to keep in the bathroom to use as a reward and I was so thrilled to give her her first one last night. It was funny. She hadn't ever seen one before so when I gave it to her she didn't know what to do with it. She looked at her potty and then at the toilet like maybe she was supposed to put it in one of those. I got one for myself and showed it to her and then ate it. She was still a little hesitant. After she ate it she asked for more. Even after she went the second time I had to remind her to eat it. Kind of funny. I'm just so proud of her. The next big step is going #2! - C

P.S. Either my camera or memory card is not working. Not that you would want to see any pictures celebrating these moments!

No comments: