Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day Three aka Living on a Prayer

Day Three is over and it was great! One little accident before church. I know the normal thing is to just stay home while you're potty training but I made the mistake of starting this the weekend that we were joining our church which meant we were getting introduced. Kind of had to go. She went on the potty in her nursery room because it's literally a little toilet. The nursery workers told me that most kids love going on that potty because it's so little. She had one more little accident toward the end of church and that was it for the day!! She went 4 times this evening because she got the connection between using the potty and getting an M&M. She eventually started asking me for M&M's and I'd tell her she'd have to tee tee. She'd go straight to the potty and squeeze out a few drops. Seriously like 2 drops but that's good enough for me. No #2 at all today. I think she's holding it in. Thanks for keeping up with Georgia's bathroom progress!!

Here's your bonus for reading this: Georgia prayed for the first time tonight and it was hilarious!! Marc and I pray with her every night. We each hold one of her hands (when he's not there she holds bears hand) and I pray. Tonight before I could even start praying she started. It went something like this, "Mommy, Daddy, Doree, Doree, Nemo, Nemo, Nemo, puppies and a boy. Night Night." At first we didn't know what she was doing. She just said her favorite things. How sweet is that????? I've been praying about how I can truly show her Christ in our everyday lives. I don't want to just color pictures of Jesus or read books about Jesus. I guess God is drawing her to Himself by putting it on her heart to pray for her favorite things. Our prayer for her is that she'll, "know You, love You, love Your Word and that others would come to know You because of her love for them." It's just so wonderful to see God working and know that it's His work. She's so beautiful! - C

1 comment:

amy said...

How sweet! You are so awesome!