Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The REAL 38 week update

"Whoa! Girl!" was my doctors reaction when he checked me today. He asked me if I had started experiencing any signs of labor and I told him no and that I didn't think this was happening any time soon. Then he checked me. I'm dilated to a 4 and 75% effaced. We all laughed that I was so far along and had no clue. I knew I was dilated but not that much. I was hoping for a two.

He said as soon as I have a contraction or my water breaks he wants me to get on the road. He also said if at my appointment next week I'm at a 6 he'll go ahead and keep me because that's just so far along and my labor with Georgia went so quickly. Basically, if you've volunteered to keep Georgia get ready cause we'll be dropping her off quickly.

Is it weird that I don't want to go into labor until Friday? Weekends are just so much more convenient for having kids. Everyone's off work and can come visit. Marc will have gotten his next paycheck. Just good.

5 comments:

amy said...

I am beyond excited for you!!!

ladymann said...

How exciting!!! Good Luck:)

Lisa Parsons said...

Sounds like it won't be long now!!!! I'm so excited for you and your family!

Luke's Mom said...

That's exciting! I am happy to help in anyway I can.

The Hunters said...

yeah! i know you'll have a great labor experience. you're already almost 1/2 way there! really!